Open Today


Committed to the preservation of endangered animals and their habitats.

How You Can Help

We know that you would like to protect the planet too. Here are ways that you can help:


Your paid admission and purchases of food and gifts contributes to our animal care and conservation programs. About 80% of the funds we use to operate come from money we earn through our daily operations! The remaining 20% is acquired through donations and a small portion through public funding.


Your monetary gift supports our conservation work and helps us care for our animals. Every gift counts!

Adopt an Animal

You can symbolically “adopt” animal species at the Zoo. All adoption packages include a personalized certificate, a color photo, and an animal fact sheet. Special adoption packages may include a plush toy or another Zoo-themed item to give as a special gift or keep as a reminder of how you are supporting the Zoo's animal care and conservation programs.


Volunteers provide valuable assistance in almost every area of the Zoo's operations. Find the opportunity that is right for you!


Be a conservation leader in your home, community, and the world! Everyone can do something! Here are some ideas:

  • Tampa Bay City Pass
  • Association of Zoos and Aquariums
  • affiliate4

Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo is operated by the Lowry Park Zoological Society, an independent 501(c)(3) charitable organization committed to excellence in education, conservation and research. The Zoo is accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA), and is featured among the “Top 25 Zoos in the U.S” by TripAdvisor (2015) and “10 Best Zoos in the U.S.” by Trekaroo (2015). The Zoo is located at 1101 W. Sligh Avenue in Tampa, one mile west of I-275 (exit 48) and is open seven days a week, from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. 

Give us a suggestion

We are always looking for ways to improve your experience, and your feedback is important to us.

About Us
Tripadvisor Hall of Fame

Sponsored in part by the State of Florida, Department of State, Division of Cultural Affairs and the Florida Council on Arts and Culture.