School Holiday Camps
No School? No Problem!
Trek around the world without leaving Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo!
Throughout the Fall and during select holidays, the Zoo School is headquarters to school holiday camps for students K-8th grades. During camp, kids learn about nature, science and the animal kingdom while hiking through the Zoo and exploring behind-the-scenes.
Fun and adventure are calling! Have a great time at a Zoo School camp.
A typical day at Camp includes:
- Zoo hikes
- Classroom lessons with pictures and artifacts
- Animal encounters and enrichments
- Theme-based activities
- Arts and crafts projects
- Animal shows and feedings
- Keeper talks
- Educational videos
Schedules vary depending on the grade level, instructor and weekly theme.
- All camps take place from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Camps are for children currently enrolled in grades K – 8
If you need to drop your child off before 8:45 a.m. or pick them up after 4:15 p.m., you must sign up for extended care. Extended care can only be for the entire length of camp. Sorry, partial-camp extended care is not available.
Extended Care hours:
- Morning (AM) Extended Care: 7a.m. to 9a.m.
- Afternoon (PM) )Extended Care: 4p.m. to 6p.m.