Spring Zoo School Camps
No School? No Problem!
Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo is proud to be the first (and only!) facility in Tampa Bay to offer an all-inclusive camp program. All camps include extended care (7 am to 6 pm) and lunch at Safari Lodge! Lunch includes choice of sandwich, whole fruit, chips, & cookie.* Kids and teens can learn about nature, science and the animal kingdom while hiking through the Zoo and exploring behind-the-scenes. Camp still includes the tried and true animal encounters, keeper talks, educational shows, games, crafts and more. Additionally, each camper will receive one Junior Zookeeper Pass to return to the Zoo and show off what they’ve learned! *Camper must bring refillable water bottle and two snacks daily. Academic day starts at 9am and continues until 4pm.
Fun and adventure are calling! Have a great time at a Zoo School camp.
A typical day at Camp includes:
- Zoo hikes
- Classroom lessons with pictures and artifacts
- Animal encounters and enrichments
- Theme-based activities
- Arts and crafts projects
- Animal shows and feedings
- Keeper talks
- Educational videos
Schedules vary depending on the grade level, instructor and weekly theme.
- School Holiday camps are for children currently enrolled in grades K-8. Summer camps are for children who have completed grades K-8.
- Academic day 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Free extended care from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Lunch included, daily (Camper MUST bring refillable water bottle and two snacks, daily).