Zoo RunRun at Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo
Saturday, August 27, 2016
Check in: Race 6:30 a.m., Kids Fun Run 7:30 a.m.
Start Times: 5K Run/Walk: 7:30 a.m., Kids Fun Run: 9:00 a.m.
Come see why we’ve been named the #1 Zoo in the USA at Zoo RunRun, the Zoo’s 14th annual 5k race that takes you through the Zoo and along the scenic Hillsborough River.
• Chip timing for 5K Run
• Food & beverages during post-race reception
• 5K Awards - top 3 finishers M/F in each category & overall M/F
• Race t-shirt (guaranteed for Early Bird Entries only)
• Free daytime admission to the Zoo for the day of the race for participants
I, on behalf of my natural child/ward named below who is a minor (Minor Participant), have requested the opportunity for Minor Participant to participate in Zoo RunRun, a fundraising event held at Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo (the Activities).
In consideration of Minor Participant being allowed to participate in the Activities, I expressly and freely agree as follows:
1. I certify that I am the parent/natural guardian of Minor Participant and have the legal capacity to enter into this agreement on his/her behalf.
2. I understand that there are inherent RISKS, known and unknown, of serious personal injuries, death, illnesses and/or loss of personal property involved in participating in the Activities.
3. I, individually and on behalf of Minor Participant, agree to RELEASE the LOWRY PARK ZOOLOGICAL SOCIETY OF TAMPA, INC., Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo, and its parents, subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, and all their officers, directors, shareholders, members, employees, agents, successors and assigns in their official and individual capacities (the “Released Parties”) from any and all claims, losses, demands, damages, expenses, lawsuits, causes of action and judgments, whether foreseen or unforeseen, known or unknown, present or future, which would accrue to myself or Minor Participant for personal injury, including death, and property damage resulting from an inherent risk in the Activities.
4. This Release shall be binding upon Minor Participant, his/her family members including but not limited to me, as well as his/her legal representatives, personal representatives, successors, heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, insurers and employers.
NOTICE TO THE MINOR CHILD'S NATURAL GUARDIAN
READ THIS FORM COMPLETELY AND CAREFULLY. YOU ARE AGREEING TO LET YOUR MINOR CHILD ENGAGE IN A POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS ACTIVITY. YOU ARE AGREEING THAT, EVEN IF Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo USES REASONABLE CARE IN PROVIDING THIS ACTIVITY, THERE IS A CHANCE YOUR CHILD MAY BE SERIOUSLY INJURED OR KILLED BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS ACTIVITY BECAUSE THERE ARE CERTAIN DANGERS INHERENT IN THE ACTIVITY WHICH CANNOT BE AVOIDED OR ELIMINATED. BY SIGNING THIS FORM YOU ARE GIVING UP YOUR CHILD'S RIGHT AND YOUR RIGHT TO RECOVER FROM Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo AND THE RELEASED PARTIES IN A LAWSUIT FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH, TO YOUR CHILD OR ANY PROPERTY DAMAGE THAT RESULTS FROM THE RISKS THAT ARE A NATURAL PART OF THE ACTIVITY. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE TO SIGN THIS FORM, AND Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo HAS THE RIGHT TO REFUSE TO LET YOUR CHILD PARTICIPATE IF YOU DO NOT SIGN THIS FORM.
VIDEO AND RECORDING RELEASE
I, individually and on behalf of my natural child/ward named below who is a minor (Minor Participant), hereby consent to the Lowry Park Zoological Society of Tampa, Inc., Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo, and their successors and assigns, full unreserved rights to use the photographs, videotape recording, audio recording taken of and/or recorded by me or Minor Participant for purposes of display, reproduction, broadcast, and/or publishing, in any medium of public or private communication to promote programs of the Lowry Park Zoological Society of Tampa, Inc., a non-profit organization. Permission includes the right to retouch, edit and make such alterations to photographs, video or audio recordings that Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo may desire.
I AM AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE AND OF SOUND MIND. I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE FOREGOING RELEASE AND ACCEPT AND AGREE TO ITS TERMS AND SIGN IT VOLUNTARILY ON BEHALF OF MYSELF AND MY CHILD/WARD.